[Scooby-dev] How does Scooby show shares we have subscribed to using Chandler desktop

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Wed Jul 12 15:27:38 PDT 2006

On 7/12/06, Sheila Mooney <sheila at osafoundation.org> wrote:
> As I understand things, currently when I log into Scooby, I am
> logging into my account on Cosmo. From there I am able to view
> whatever calendars I have published to that account. For desktop
> users, they could be viewing a wide variety of shared calendars...
>
> + calendars published on Cosmo Demo
> + calendars published to other servers
> + calendars they have subscribed to from Cosmo Demo, .Mac, Google etc.

i don't know about any of that. scooby just shows you the calendars in
your cosmo home directory. those calendars had to have been put there
by some client. that client may have originated those calendars or
copied them from some other location, but cosmo and scooby don't know
anything about that.

> The issue is that for some people their primary calendars will be
> ones that they have subscribed to and not published. This leads to a
> bunch of questions around what we need to do in order to support this
> and what (of the desktop world view) should really be viewable in
> Scooby.
>
> + What happens if I have calendars published on several servers? I
> don't quite understand how this works with the logins. Do we even
> need to worry about this?

cosmo and scooby won't know anything about what you've published with
chandler to any other servers.

> + How does Scooby know about calendars I have subscribed to? Say that
> I have subscribed my Chandler to a remote .ics URL (like .Mac or
> Google Calendar)?

it doesn't, unless chandler actually makes local copies of those
calendars and then syncs them to cosmo (i have no idea if it does that
or not).

> + Do I need my Chandler to turn around and upload that calendar to
> Cosmo (and keep it in sync) in order for Scooby to see it or is
> giving Scooby the calendar's remote .ics URL sufficient?

at the moment, chandler is the middle man. cosmo and scooby have no
capability for dealing with calendars that are not in the cosmo home
diretory.