[pylucene-dev] Error

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Mon Jan 28 08:56:38 PST 2008

On Jan 28, 2008, at 17:00, "Brian Merrell" <brian at merrells.org> wrote:

> Any ideas what might be causing this error?
>

> #
> # An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
> #
> #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x0000000000434aa9, pid=29206,
> tid=47587793499872
> #
> # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (1.6.0_03-b05 mixed mode)
> # Problematic frame:
> # C  [python+0x34aa9]
> #
> # An error report file with more information is saved as
> hs_err_pid29206.log
> #
> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
> #   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
> #

It means that your process crashed.
The Java VM "helpfully" catches the crash even if the crasher bug has
nothing to do with it. To debug this, compile python, jcc and pylucene
with debug and run the process in gdb.

If it's easy to isolate a reproduction case, I can also take a look
when I return next week.