[pylucene-dev] outOfMemory StandaradAnalyzer

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Wed Jan 16 15:23:04 PST 2008

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, anurag uniyal wrote:

> In my application I need to create several analyzers on the fly, which
> leads to outOfMemory problem. see code below

Indeed, you found a leak of local refs to jstring objects when converting a
Python array into a java array. This is fixed in svn rev 380.

Thanks !

Andi..

----
import lucene
lucene.initVM(lucene.CLASSPATH, maxheap='1m')
stopwords = ["and", "if", "at", "the"]
for i in xrange(100000):
     if i%1000==0: print i
     analyzer = lucene.StandardAnalyzer(stopwords)
     #analyzer = lucene.StandardAnalyzer() # works without stopwords
----

I hope analyzer should be freed?
It works if I do not pass any stopwords to StandardAnalyzer

rgds
Anurag