[pylucene-dev] Need a replacement of pyLucene :(

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Fri Jan 11 09:21:03 PST 2008

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, mario alejandro wrote:

> Maybe, but if can't be compiled then can't work.
>
> Or are you saying that pyLucene could be compiled under solaris 10? Because
> if that is the case I could be no more happy to hear that.

I'm pretty sure it can be compiled on Solaris. Since has never been done,
someone with access to Solaris and Sun Studion C++ needs to do a port first,
though. Especially since a new compiler is involved.

Still, given that it took about an hour to get it to compile with
Microsoft's Visual C++, I can't imagine it taking much longer to get it to
compile with Sun Studio C++.