[pylucene-dev] Re: Multiple instances of PyLucene app

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at web.de
Tue Jan 8 00:25:09 PST 2008

Andi Vajda wrote:
> I should point out, as a reminder of a related issue, that jcc-PyLucene
> [2] does not have the threading problem that's plagued gcj-PyLucene [3]
> for years when used in-process in a web server such as Apache. With
> jcc-PyLucene, one can attach a thread to the Java VM anytime after its
> creation. Look for attachCurrentThread() in [2].

What if I use multiple Python threads? Will I get into trouble if I attach
multiple (CherryPy) threads (AFAIK they all live in the same process) to
the JVM in order to work with PyLucene/JCC in parallel? Do I have to implement
some kind of locking scheme to prevent threading issues? (only related to
PyLucene, I think did work out the Lucene threading issues)

fs