[pylucene-dev] PythonThread

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Tue Feb 19 16:31:20 PST 2008

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, Johan Jonkers wrote:

> In our code we use PyLucene's PythonThread class, but I dont see it anymore
> in PyLucene 2.3? Has it been replaced? I cant seem to find any documentation
> on it  either.

PyLucene 2.3.0 is jcc-PyLucene which doesn't have the threading problems
that plagued gcj-PyLucene. PythonThread is gone, you can use regular Python
threads instead. Just be sure to call attachCurrentThread() as is described
in [1] and [2].
[3] is also recommented reading as are the INSTALL files in the same
directories.

Andi..

[1] http://svn.osafoundation.org/pylucene/trunk/README
[2] http://svn.osafoundation.org/pylucene/trunk/jcc/README