[pylucene-dev] Pylucene 2.1.0-2, Python 2.5, Win32

Krys Wilken kryswilken at gmail.com
Tue May 29 18:32:51 PDT 2007

Hi Andi,

I just blindly did what the INSTALL file said.  So I got my gcj (and gcc, etc)
from:

http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/gcc-java-3.4.2-20040916-1.tar.gz

I am happy to try your 3.4.6 build as soon as I get a chance.

Maybe an update to INSTALL is in order.  I have already noticed references to
3.4.6 in the Makefile, so it's kind of like getting conflicting information.
Just a thought.

As for a 4.x.  I have not probs trying it, but I am certainly not qualified to
debug it and make it sane, as you say. My Java and C and compiling in general
are very rusty.  They were all killed by a Python. ;D  (Well, no... actually
they were killed by my agreeing to take a job maintaining other people's
brain dead VB code.  I've probably gotten stupider because of it.) :(

Anyway, since the gcj version info is important, I will add it to the file
name and README_FISRT.txt file I added.  I'll let you know when it's done.
You might want to hold off on the link until it's done.

Thanks for replying so quickly. :)

Krys