[pylucene-dev] paging search results

Kenny Ma hma at foldera.com
Mon Jan 22 13:15:15 PST 2007

Hi,
I've read that paging is most efficient when applied to the hits object
but I'm not sure what's the best way to implement this.  This is what i
have:

       searcher = IndexSearcher(indexDir)
        hits = searcher.search(query)

        max = hits.length()
        start = 0
        end = 50
        results = []

        for i in range(start, end):
            if i > max:
                break

            results.append(hits[i])

        return results

Is there a better way of doing this? I'm new to PyLucene and any
pointers would be greatly appreciated.

- Kenny

[This electronic message may contain information that may fall under the classification of Company Confidential or Company Proprietary Information: This electronic message may contain confidential/proprietary information and is for the personal and exclusive use of the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this transmission and are not the intended recipient(s) or his/her agent, please be advised that any disclosure, use, review, copying, selling, dissemination, publication or distribution of this transmission is unauthorized and prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify this office and destroy this message. FOLDERA(TM), Group Information Manager(TM) and GIM(TM) are trademarks of Foldera, Inc., Huntington Beach, California.]