[pylucene-dev] pylucene and 2gb limit of files

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Fri Sep 1 12:29:39 PDT 2006


On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, Julien Anguenot wrote:

>>> I got 4 different versions of gcc on my box now. So If you wanna me to
>>> test some stuffs feel free to ask ;)
>>
>> How about trying a fifth one ?
>>
>> I just verified that I didn't get any of the errors you reported running
>> make test with the patched gcj 4.1.0 compiler I built last March.
>>
>> You can download it from:
>>     http://downloads.osafoundation.org/compilers/linux/gcc-4.1.0.tar.bz2
>>
>> It was built on gentoo.
>
> Same thing as with the ones I compiled my self with both patches. See
> below :

Are you sure that you ran with the correct version of libgcj.so, that is, the 
version you compiled along with gcj ?
It's easy to get LD_LIBRARY_PATH wrong with all these compilers floating 
around.

Andi..

>
> PyLucenee-1.9.1
> ================
>
> # Linux
> PREFIX=/usr/local
> PREFIX_PYTHON=$(PREFIX)
> SWIG=/usr/bin/swig
> GCJ_HOME=/usr/local/gcc-4.1.0-andi
> GCJ_VER=4
> #DB=$(PYLUCENE)/db-$(DB_VER)
> #PREFIX_DB=$(PREFIX)/BerkeleyDB.$(DB_LIB_VER)
> ANT=ant
>
>
> [root at localhost PyLucene-src-1.9.1]# make clean
> if test -f lucene-java-1.9.1-382905/build.xml; then cd
> lucene-java-1.9.1-382905; ant clean; fi
> rm -rf release PyLucene.py* PyLucene_wrap.cxx
> [root at localhost PyLucene-src-1.9.1]# make
> [...]
> Build of release/_PyLucene.so complete
> [root at localhost PyLucene-src-1.9.1]# make install
> build of release/_PyLucene.so complete
> mkdir -p /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages
> install PyLucene.py /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages
> install release/_PyLucene.so /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages
> mkdir -p /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/security
> install /usr/local/gcc-4.1.0-andi/lib/security/classpath.security
> /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/security
> install /usr/local/gcc-4.1.0-andi/lib/security/libgcj.security
> /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/security
> [root at localhost PyLucene-src-1.9.1]# export
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/gcc-4.1.0-andi/lib
> [root at localhost PyLucene-src-1.9.1]# make test
> find test -name 'test_*.py' | xargs -n 1 python
> ..
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ran 2 tests in 0.027s
>
> OK
> GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 258048):
>        May lead to memory leak and poor performance.
> GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 258048):
>        May lead to memory leak and poor performance.
> GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 258048):
>        May lead to memory leak and poor performance.
> GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 258048):
>        May lead to memory leak and poor performance.
> GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 258048):
>        May lead to memory leak and poor performance.
> [...]
>
> PyLucenen-2.0
> ==============
>
> # Linux (with gcc 3.4.4 and libgcj statically linked)
> PREFIX=/usr/local
> PREFIX_PYTHON=/usr/local
> GCJ_HOME=/usr/local/gcc-4.1.0-andi
> GCJ_LIBDIR=$(GCJ_HOME)/lib
> #GCJ_STATIC=1
> #LIB_INSTALL=libstdc++.so.6 libgcc_s.so.1
> #DB=$(PYLUCENE)/db-$(DB_VER)
> #PREFIX_DB=$(PREFIX)/BerkeleyDB.$(DB_LIB_VER)
>
>
> [root at localhost PyLucene-src-2.0.0-1]# make clean
> if test -f lucene-java-2.0.0-417135/build.xml; then cd
> lucene-java-2.0.0-417135; ant clean; fi
> rm -rf release
> [root at localhost PyLucene-src-2.0.0-1]# make
> [...]
> build of release/_PyLucene.so complete
> [root at localhost PyLucene-src-2.0.0-1]# make install
> build of release/_PyLucene.so complete
> mkdir -p /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages
> install PyLucene.py /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages
> install release/_PyLucene.so /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages
> mkdir -p /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/security
> install /usr/local/gcc-4.1.0-andi/lib/security/classpath.security
> /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/security
> install /usr/local/gcc-4.1.0-andi/lib/security/libgcj.security
> /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/security
> [root at localhost PyLucene-src-2.0.0-1]# export
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/gcc-4.1.0-andi/lib
> [root at localhost PyLucene-src-2.0.0-1]# make test
> find test -name 'test_*.py' | xargs -n 1 /usr/local/bin/python
> ..
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ran 2 tests in 0.007s
>
> OK
> GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 258048):
> [...]
>
> 	J.
>
> -- 
> Julien Anguenot | Nuxeo R&D (Paris, France)
> Open Source ECM - www.nuxeo.com
> CPS Platform - http://www.cps-project.org
> Mobile: +33 (0) 6 72 57 57 66
>
>


More information about the pylucene-dev mailing list