[pylucene-dev] PyLucene in CherryPy

Julien Anguenot ja at nuxeo.com
Thu Jun 29 03:16:42 PDT 2006

Ken Kinder wrote:
> On 6/27/06, Julien Anguenot <ja at nuxeo.com> wrote:
>> NXLucene is *standalone* (not Zope related !) multi-threaded
>> Lucene-based text indexing server using Twisted and PyLucene. It may be
>> of interest in your case, I don't know.
>>

> Have you thought at all about a Perspective Broker API? What issues
> would be presented?

nope never checked that out.

Just checked the documentation of PB after your mail. The thing is that
I don't want any Python specifics server side. I'd like to be able to
request the NXLucene server from Java code for instance. Am I missing
something here ?

To enhance a bit the performances on my Zope3 client I added a
persistent transport to avoid having to re-create the xml-rpc connection
all the time and this seems ok for now.

See :
http://svn.nuxeo.org/trac/pub/browser/Zope3/nuxeo.lucene/trunk/src/nuxeo/lucene/xmlrpc.py

I will rather consider an ICE connector, in the future, server side to
enhance the server / client performances, I think.

	J.
--
Julien Anguenot | Nuxeo R&D (Paris, France)
Open Source ECM - www.nuxeo.com