[pylucene-dev] PyLucene CherryPy threads conflict

Álvaro Falquina Garrido afalquina at mac.com
Thu Jul 27 11:52:22 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have been porting my PyLucene/CherryPy application from Windows
2000 to Fedora Core 5 Linux. I have found a couple of problems and
their work-arounds.  Maybe this could be added to Pravin's FAQ.

To install PyLucene 2.0.0 in Fedora Core 5 I have used the Ubuntu
build available at PyLucene's home page. When importing PyLucene I
got this error:

ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/_PyLucene.so: cannot
restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied.

This has to do with Fedora's default configuration of SELinux.
Instead of disabling SELinux it is enough to execute this command:

chcon -t texrel_shlib_t /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/_PyLucene.so

But then CherryPy crashes with an error: (11, 'Resource temporarily
unavailable'). This behaviour is described in http://www.cherrypy.org/
ticket/479. The page includes a patch (adding two lines to
_cpwsgiserver.py) that fixes the problem. After that, everything
seems to work fine so far.

Regards,
Álvaro