[pylucene-dev] state of trunk
vajda at osafoundation.org
Wed Nov 30 17:45:20 PST 2005
As announced earlier, the PyLucene 1.0 release series is now on a branch and
the trunk is used for the upcoming 1.9 release based on Java Lucene 1.9.
A few of things to keep in mind:
- The build is now based on a specific Lucene subversion repository version,
currently 348307. This should make it easier to track Java Lucene 1.9
which is still - and has been for a long time now - a moving target.
- The build requires that you have jdk 1.4.x and ant 1.6.y (y >= 3)
installed. I hope to relax this requirement later by providing a
pre-built Java Lucene source tree.
- This is work in progress, not all unit tests pass, but most do.
(if anyone has an insight about why test_Not.py fails, please tell)
- This is work in progress, most of the many new Lucene 1.9 APIs are not yet
integrated. Sending in patches for new APIs is welcome !
Sending in patches for ports to python of new or yet unported Lucene unit
tests is also welcome !
- If you choose to build from the trunk and find a bug, please let this list
know. Sending in a patch is even better !
- If the trunk is too buggy for your needs as it may well be for a while,
please use the 1.0 branch at:
- for those who care, Berkeley DB 4.2.52 support was removed. Berkeley DB
4.3.29 is the supported version now.
More information about the pylucene-dev