[pylucene-dev] ChainedFilter

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Mon May 9 15:24:44 PDT 2005

Take a look at how the Highlighter package was integrated. The steps to
integrate more Lucene contrib packages are more or less the same for all of
them. So far, PyLucene includes: the highlighter, the language analyzers,
snowball and an as-yet-unreleased-by-java-Lucene RangeFilter.

The steps are:
   - update the Makefile:
      - by adding the compiling and linking of the new files
      - by adding the generation of the header files(s) from the java classes
   - update the PyLucene.i file to expose the new class and APIs

It is simplest to pick an existing module, say Highlighter, and copy/paste
your way through it.

Andi..