[pylucene-dev] MySQL as document repository?

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Mon Jan 31 18:45:29 PST 2005

  Nick,

>> No, there is no such MySQL integration but I did integrate DbDirectory, a
>> Berkeley DB-based implementation of Lucene's Directory class. I actually
>> wrote that set of classes first for Java Lucene and submitted them to the
>> Lucene sandbox where they got checked in.
>
> Do you think they'd be helpful to me in working on some MySQL integration?
> If so, I'll go track 'em down.

No, I don't think so, Berkeley DB is not a SQL database.
These classes are alrady part of PyLucene, DbDirectory is usable from python.

If you implemented a JDBCDirectory in java or python (after verifying that
such a thing doesn't already exist for Java Lucene, it rings a bell), that
would be great !
I recently checked in code allowing for a complete python implementations of
store.Directory, store.Lock, store.InputStream, store.OutputStream.