[pylucene-dev] volunteering

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Thu Jul 1 09:55:41 PDT 2004

I've reworked your samples a little and found some interesting issues.
I improved python<->string support to include unicode. When passing a python
string to java, unless it is unicode, the assumed encoding is utf-8. If that
is not the case, unhappy behaviour ensues. I changed the IndexFiles.py sample
to pass a unicode string to PyLucene. Also, closing an IndexSearcher causes a
stack overflow, something rather disturbing.

I'm checking those in now, if you want to polish them up more, I suggest you
start with what is checked in, it would make merging easier.

Andi..