[ietf-calsify] zero-time events in rfc2445bis

Bernard Desruisseaux bernard.desruisseaux at oracle.com
Tue Jan 27 06:47:10 PST 2009

Hi Reinhold,

As it stands I don't believe there is any restriction on zero-time events.

If DTSTART is DATE-TIME value you can either omit DTEND, or set DURATION
to zero (e.g., "P0S").

If DTSTART is a DATE value you can set DURATION to zero (e.g., "P0D").

That being said, I don't know why RFC2445 had a restriction on DTEND
being required to be later in time than DTSTART...

Cheers,
Bernard