[Ietf-calsify] Why no empty calendar?

Helge Hess helge.hess at opengroupware.org
Tue Jul 8 14:09:54 PDT 2008

+1, makes sense to me.

On 08.07.2008, at 22:53, Tim Hare wrote:
> What's the use case for publishing an empty calendar?
>
> Why would I want to open that file, assuming I found it using some
> sort of
> calendar search?

You do not 'open' the 'file', you subscribe it. While it may not
contain events now, it might contain some in the future.

Using the transport layer for this (eg HTTP 404) is not that good. The
calendar actually exists and is valid, its just empty at a specific
point in time.
The only other option might be to return an empty resource (content-
length: 0). But then the calendar component itself might have
interesting meta data.

Thanks,
   Helge

PS: I'm pretty sure that most iCal tools already work that way ...
--
Helge Hess
http://helgehess.eu/