[Ietf-calsify] Struggling with BYxxx

Mr. Demeanour mrdemeanour at jackpot.uk.net
Sat Jun 23 04:40:23 PDT 2007

Hi,

What is the correct interpretation of a YEARLY rule in which BYMONTH and
BYYEARDAY are both specified?

I can't find this described anywhere, but my interpretation would be to
/expand/ in accordance with the BYMONTH part, and then to /expand/ in
accordance with the BYYEARDAY part. So consider the rule

     RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=6,12;BYMONTHDAY=25;BYYEARDAY=1

I would expect this rule to expand to two Christmases per year, on the
25th of June and December respectively, and one New Year's Day.

Is that correct?

Thanks,
Jack.