[Ietf-calsify] 3.3.10. Recurrence Rule - typo or ambiguity?

Bernard Desruisseaux bernard.desruisseaux at oracle.com
Wed Jul 11 19:07:59 PDT 2007

Mike Samuel wrote:
> Doesn't
>  "Furthermore, the BYDAY rule part
>      MUST NOT be specified with a numeric value with the FREQ rule part
>      set to YEARLY when the BYWEEKNO rule part is specified"
> conflict with
>  "The
>      numeric value in a BYDAY rule part with the FREQ rule part set to
>      YEARLY ...
>      when the BYWEEKNO or BYMONTH rule parts are present."
> ?
>
> Other than that, the original wording makes more sense to me.  It's
> saying that numeric BYDAY's are treated as weeks within the year when
> you've already specified a week within the month or you're filtering
> by month.
>
> It would be nice if it specified what BYDAY meant where FREQ=YEARLY
> and none of (BYMONTH,BYWEEKNO,BYYEARDAY are present, so I would prefer
> the last line read
>
>  "when the BYMONTH rule part is not present".

+1

As I mentionned in my last mail, I had missed the "not".
Furthermore, there is no need to mention BYWEEKNO here
since the other statement forbids its use in this context.

BTW, I don't consider issue 11 fully closed.  During the
last Jabber session we didn't go through all of Nigel's
comment.

Thanks,
Bernard