[Ietf-calsify] Section 3.2: "charset" parameter

Bernard Desruisseaux bernard.desruisseaux at oracle.com
Mon Aug 21 11:34:57 PDT 2006

In section "3.2 Parameters" of RFC 2445 it says:

 > The "charset" parameter is defined in [RFC 2046] for other body
 > parts. It is used to identify the default character set used within
 > the body part.

I have two comments:

1- The "charset" parameter is defined for all "text" _subtypes_
    (and not "body parts").

2- Unlike vCalendar, iCalendar doesn't allow one to override
    the character set used for an individual property value.
    As such, I believe the text shouldn't talk about the
    _default_ character set...

New text proposed:

 > The "charset" parameter is defined in [RFC 2046] for subtypes of
 > the "text" media type. It is used to indicate the character set
 > used in the body part.

Cheers,
Bernard