[Ietf-calsify] Question on VFREEBUSY

Timi Soinio timi.soinio at nokia.com
Sun Sep 4 23:02:25 PDT 2005

ext Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> These are good questions... my gut feel is that we certainly need
> separate documents, perhaps more separate documents than we already
> have. In practice, iCalendar is used for 3 separate purposes:
> - import and export -- where you don't worry about saving VFREEBUSY
> information that duplicates event start/end times
> - invitation
> - CalDAV (or other access/sharing)

In addition to these three usage purposes, I would also consider
synchronization (with e.g. OMA DS) as a fourth important purpose for
using iCalendar. Technically, it resembles import and export cases but
it can contain some iCal properties that normally are left out from
simple import/export (PUBLISH?) cases, e.g. ATTENDEE information.

-Timi