[Ietf-caldav] ical within xml text nodes

Jari Urpalainen jari.urpalainen at nokia.com
Thu Mar 23 18:14:16 PST 2006

Hi all!

This is just a ping of discussion with Lisa. While XML is not that good
at embedding other markup it should imo expressed clearly that
applications must either encode at least & and < characters or embed
ical within CDATA sections. With CDATA it is worth mentioning that that
]]> (or new start of CDATA) string may not appear within ical strings
(although very rare situation i agree/assume). CRLF mangling seems to be
taken care of. What I don't know at all, does ical allow appended
whitespaces at the end of document as many examples have it ? In Section
7.7.1 there's a typo </C:calendar-data/>. I'm still a newbie regarding
caldav, so I don't have real comments on the content of this i-d, sorry.
br,
Jari