[Ietf-caldav] Last Call comment on Etag requirements in draft-dusseault-caldav-12

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Mon Jun 5 11:30:25 PDT 2006

Hi.

I notice that draft-dusseault-caldav-12 now is in IESG Evaluation
(<https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=11253>).

For the record: as far as I can tell, the issue that I raised below is
critical (given the fact that we have a separate activity to clarify
this in HTTP), and has not been addressed. It's not clear to me whether
the client issue it attempts to solve really is important. If it is,
there is a simpler way to accomplish this ([1]) that doesn't risk making
CalDAV incompatible with other specs extending HTTP (or HTTP itself, for
that matter).

Best regards,

Julian

[1]