[Ietf-caldav] looking for open source CalDAV client

Cyrus Daboo daboo at isamet.com
Wed Jun 8 13:48:48 PDT 2005

Hi Brian,

--On June 8, 2005 12:29:15 PM -0700 Brian Moseley <bcm at osafoundation.org>
wrote:

> any open source CalDAV client projects going on out there?
>
> i'm looking for a simple command line tool to help with developing and
> testing our server. unfortunately neither curl nor lwp-request seem to
> support arbitrary HTTP methods, so they won't be immediately useful.
>
> the perldav project (<http://www.webdav.org/perldav/>) doesn't seem to
> have been active in years, but it looks to have a good base to build on.
> i've contacted the author but haven't heard back yet.
>
> if nobody has anything more substantial, i'll probably hack together
> something based on perldav. if anyone's interested in helping out, let me
> know.

One of the participants at last week's Calconnect CalDAV interop had a
davtool (<http://davtool.sourceforge.net/>) based scripting mechanism for
running through all the test cases in the interop. That seemed to work very
well and found several bugs in server implementations, including mine! I
believe a process is in hand for making that tool publicly available.

--
Cyrus Daboo