[Ietf-caldav] looking for open source CalDAV client

Kervin L. Pierre kervin at adevsoft.com
Wed Jun 8 13:25:08 PDT 2005

Hello Brian,

Brian Moseley wrote:
> any open source CalDAV client projects going on out there?
>
> i'm looking for a simple command line tool to help with developing and
> testing our server. unfortunately neither curl nor lwp-request seem to

Funny, I've been waiting on a your server to start
with my client library :)

> the perldav project (<http://www.webdav.org/perldav/>) doesn't seem to
> have been active in years, but it looks to have a good base to build on.
> i've contacted the author but haven't heard back yet.

I am looking too extend the Neon WebDAV library.
Having a plain C CalDAV library would mean that
Perl, Python or any language with C language
bindings can use it.  Neon is cross-platform
( including Windows ) and LGPL.

Unfortunately Perl doesn't do me much good since
my app is a C++ library.  Same goes for Python
which would be needed soon for Chandler (?)

Maybe there can be a 'libCosmo' or 'libCalDAV'
sub-project to Cosmo that aims to produce
reference ( or simply initial ) implementations
of CalDAV routines in C and Java?

Regards,
Kervin