[Ietf-caldav] Dead properties on CalDAV events / folders

Mike Shaver mike.shaver at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 06:02:17 PST 2005

On 12/20/05, Doug Royer <Doug at royer.com> wrote:

> Maybe not as part of the CALDAV work and not CALSIFY. We need
> a vendor container, something like:
>
>         BEGIN:VENDOR-SPECIFIC-CLIENT

Forgive my naivete: is there a reason to specify "CLIENT" in there?
It seems to me that either we would want servers to be able to do
something very very similar, or everything that touches iCalendar is
considered an "iCalendar client" and the suffix is simply redundant.

As an erstwhile calendar implementor, though, your suggestion leaves
me somewhat cold, as I'll have to know if I'm dealing with a peer that
supports VENDOR-SPECIFIC when I push data out into the wild via IMIP
or WebDAV or whatever else.

Mike