[General] Bugzilla 3.0 test instance
jared at wordzoo.com
Fri Jun 1 17:44:11 PDT 2007
An upgrade to Bugzilla 3.0 is being considered for the OSAF bug tracker;
you can see a testing installation here:
We'd appreciate it if people would try and test this demo instance. We
haven't yet found any technical problems that would block us from
updating, but it's hard to know without banging on some bits.
This demo is *not* tied with the old system; you can make changes here
and they will not affect our live bugzilla (and vice versa), but all
data has been ported the way it will be when/if we finally move over.
So make changes and try all the features. Please comment (here or
privately) with any feedback you have, positive or negative. This isn't
the final word on OSAF's bug tracking system, but we'd like feedback to
help determine whether we update or not.
We have three primary goals that we think Bugzilla 3.0 may help us
address; here's a list with how BZ3 might help us
- BZ3 has updated the standard pages and forms
- BZ3 has a lot of functional improvements; check the release notes
- BZ3 has a persistent application mode instead of just CGI
- Note: the test instance hasn't been configured to use that yet
- BZ3 supports an XML-RPC interface out of the box
There's a lot of changes; too many to list. But here's a guess as to
the most interesting ones for us.
* Can set attachments and flags when filing new bugs
* UTF-8 support
* "Zooming" comment field
* Shared saved searches
* mod_perl support for faster web pages especially under load
* XML-RPC interface
More information about the General