[Dev] Milestone/alpha/version numbering

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Wed Feb 22 15:58:10 PST 2006

Heikki Toivonen wrote:
> Aparna Kadakia wrote:
>> Do we need to adopt anything special for the checkpoint builds?
>> Currently we use the date and the rev number for
>> e,g Chandler_osx_Checkpoint_20060221_r9578.app
>
> Hmm, good point, didn't think about those.
>
> bear thinks we wouldn't need anything for the checkpoints, they would be
> indistinguishable from continuous builds with the exception that there
> would perhaps be a "tag" in svn for them.
>
> I think it would add value if we could identify a checkpoint in the
> version number as well. So far I just haven't been able to figure out how.

pje comes to the rescue again ;)

0.7alpha1.dev-r1111 would be a continous build (or something someone
built themselves from a certain revision).

0.7alpha1.dev-r1111-checkpoint would still be the same revision, but
would clearly indicate that this is the special checkpoint build.

The Python egg tools say that

0.7alpha1.dev-r1111 < 0.7alpha1.dev-r1111-checkpoint

which is also ok.

--
  Heikki Toivonen