[Dev] Re: Functional Tests Fail: Tinderbox reports success

John Anderson john at osafoundation.org
Tue Feb 14 09:49:12 PST 2006

Mike Taylor wrote:

> On Feb 13, 2006, at 11:33 PM, Mikeal Rogers wrote:
>
>> Grant had a suggestion today that it may be nice to have an option
>> that restarted chandler and cleared the repository in between tests,
>> so each test in a suite ran in a clean state.
>
> Currently, IIRC, the functional test suite is run with the --create
> parameter first to establish an empty repository.
Here's how you could run the tests separately but much faster than
running with --create for each test:

Run Chandler with --create. Quit. Copy the repository to a safe location.

Now for each test, copy the repository from the safe location to the
repository directory, run Chandler without --create, then repeat by
copying a new repository and running Chandler without --create.