[Dev] Re: [Design] Calendar dogfood bugs/enhancements for 0.7

Sheila Mooney sheila at osafoundation.org
Wed Feb 8 15:30:21 PST 2006

Phlippe, it is probably worth clarifying the definition that Mimi and
I are using for P1-P4 since there is a bit of a difference between
this and how we are prioritizing them for a release (particularly the
P3s and P4s). Maybe the bugzilla priorities aren't going to always
map directly to our priority scale.

P1 - prevents the user from experimenting with the app
P2 - prevents some users from dogfooding the calendar
P3 - stuff we need for a 1.0 calendar - we don't need all this stuff
for 0.7
P4 - stuff we need for a 2.0 calendar - we don't need all this stuff
for 0.7

The P1s and P2s really fall under the 0.7 tenets. Bugs 4947, 3651 and
3492 we still consider required for a 1.0 calendar although we might
decide not to fixe them in 0.7. In any case, we would like to know if
you don't think these should be under the 1.0 calendar bucket or you
just don't think they are a high priority for 0.7? I would prefer we
either defer them to another release rather than lowering the
priority and leaving them in for 0.7. I guess what I am saying is
that at our point of view, they are still P3.

Bug:4535 shouldn't really be under this calendar list at all. I agree
this is an edge case now but when we implement the ability to have
alarms for any type of item (part of the dashboard), people will
likely run into this all the time. We won't be setting alarms for
every 15 min, they will be set for a week in advance, for instance. I
think the right thing to do would be to put it as a P2 for the
dashboard tenet, which it is.

Similarly for the polish bugs, we could do as you suggest or just
defer a number of these. Mimi and I could maybe pick a subset for
0.7. As you indicated, the design team may have the ability to drive
the fixes on these eventually so I am fine with leaving them as is.

Sheila