[Dev] Problem with collection notifications

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sat Sep 24 14:32:45 PDT 2005

At 02:03 PM 9/24/2005 -0700, John Anderson wrote:
>UI state is persisted in the block. After all, in the MVC paradigm for UI,
>the block is the model and the widget is the view. When the widget tells
>us of a change like the position or state of a window, we need to store it
>in the block and typically the UI is already up to date so there is no
>need for a notication.

In which case, the update should be convergent, right?  I mean, you'd be
setting it to the same value that's already there, so there shouldn't be
any further notifications after the first one, or else I'd say the
notification system is generating spurious notifications.

Or are you saying the problem is that you don't want even *one*
notification in this case?