[Dev] the fate of views/demo and the CPIATestView

John Anderson john at osafoundation.org
Thu Sep 8 08:34:41 PDT 2005

The last time I looked into why you can't switch views, it was because
of bugs introduced in blocks (bug #3869), e.g. some blocks don't delete
themselves and others don't respond to the required events. Changing
views is a great way to track down bugs in blocks, and now we can easily
add switching views to our automated tests using CPIA script.

I'm all for updating CPIATestView to something else, and in the process
remove deadwood. Having another view is a great way to test CPIA and our
only chance of ever making CPIA a useful platform.

John