[Dev] Eric3 Python IDE

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Thu Sep 1 22:52:27 PDT 2005

Somehow I stumbled into Eric3 Python IDE
(http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric3.html). It has a pretty
impressive set of features, including generating nice pictures of your
program (see

But probably the thing that interested me the most was it's debugger
support. It claims to have at least 3 debugger modes, one of which is to
debug multithreaded applications (if you are working with mail or
sharing code you probably wished there was a debugger that would work...)

Anyway, after playing around with Eric3 (what a weird name) I was able
to get it to start Chandler. But it did not go all the way. I am stumped
with the error:

  view = Utility.initRepository(repoDir, Globals.options)
DBError: (-30974, "DB_VERSION_MISMATCH": Database environment version
mismatch -- Program version 4.3 does not match environment version")

The debugger also seemed to be reasonably fast, which is another reason
why this would be intersting to get working.

  Heikki Toivonen