[Dev] Re: [Design] Fwd: Processing Dogfood Feedback

Alec Flett alecf at osafoundation.org
Mon Nov 21 09:33:08 PST 2005

Davor Cubranic wrote:
> Alec Flett wrote:
>
>> For everyone's benefit: Its general bugzilla practice to use the
>> Target Milestone field in mozilla to set the target to "Future" - and
>> the expectation is that developers will more or less ignore these
>> Future bugs until they are marked back to a real milestone
>
> I agree, and what I was proposing was to build on that and either/both
> adopt a convention of noting when a bug discussion has been moved to the
> wiki and/or add another state or keyword to the Bugzilla to keep that
> distinct from Target Milestones that have been punted due to
> prioritization of what can be done within schedule constraints.
Interesting.. while bugzilla does auto-linkify comments inline, a link
to the wiki might get lost.

I wonder if we could add a "wiki page" link in each bug, so that it
could be evident in the meta-information section of the bug that
discussion or design has moved there.

Then again, we could just use the existing "URL" field in the bug to do
that...

Alec