[Dev] RSS feeds of OSAF wiki

Ted Leung twl at osafoundation.org
Wed Mar 17 23:22:40 PST 2004

On Mar 17, 2004, at 8:29 AM, Michael Bernstein wrote:

> Kaitlin Duck Sherwood wrote:
>> It is now possible to get RSS feeds of the various OSAF WikiWebs:
>>
>> http://wiki.osafoundation.org/twiki/bin/view/Chandler/WebRss?skin=rss
>>   http://wiki.osafoundation.org/twiki/bin/view/Jungle/WebRss?skin=rss
>>   http://wiki.osafoundation.org/twiki/bin/view/Journal/WebRss?skin=rss
>>   http://wiki.osafoundation.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WebRss?skin=rss
>>
>> http://wiki.osafoundation.org/twiki/bin/view/Glossary/WebRss?skin=rss
>
> I've been subscribed to these for a few days and the volume is
> overwhelming.

I personally don't find the volume to be that bad, but I am reading
lots of other feeds.

> While this is a much more convenient way to see a list of which pages
> have changed, the description is simply a truncated version of the
> page content, so it doesn't help to see what the changes *are* without
> following the link and then clicking the diff view at the bottom of
> the page. Can we stick a diff in the RSS description?
>
> Also, some better indication of when a notification is for page
> creation rather than an edit would be good (ie use "Created:
> SomeWikiPage" for the posting title).

I do think that both of these are excellent suggestions.  Decent RSS
readers should have no trouble with this much data, and it would be
great to stay in one program for this.
----
Ted Leung                 Open Source Applications Foundation (OSAF)
PGP Fingerprint: 1003 7870 251F FA71 A59A  CEE3 BEBA 2B87 F5FC 4B42