[Dev] Data Model Issues Meeting

Ted Leung twl at osafoundation.org
Thu Mar 11 10:21:03 PST 2004

Here is an issue from Andi for today:

Making Repository look like an Item
   - removing Item.getItem<Name|Path|Parent>() methods and replace them
with
     read-only python properties called name|path|parent
   - add same properties onto Repository|RepositoryView so that it can be
     viewed as an Item in that context

On Mar 10, 2004, at 5:02 PM, Katie Capps Parlante wrote:

> Hi Ted and Andi,
>
> I have a writeup of data model open issues, from the apps team's
> recent experience:
> http://wiki.osafoundation.org/twiki/bin/view/Chandler/
> ApplicationDataModelOpenIssues
>
> I didn't structure it into Ted's two categories, although I think
> that's a great way of looking at it. I was more focused on just
> collecting our recent experience, and writing down the history of
> how/why some decisions were made. You can take that input and
> structure the issues as you like for the meeting. I've also included a
> lot of parcel issues, because it was at times hard to discuss one
> without the other.
>
> We can leave some of these issues for seperate meetings, including the
> threading issue.
>
> Discussion of these issues might be best in email on the dev list
> (apart from the meeting). Folks can add issues or comments to the wiki
> page, but I'm not expecting it to continue to be "live" much after the
> meeting tomorrow.
>
> Cheers,
> Katie

----
Ted Leung                 Open Source Applications Foundation (OSAF)
PGP Fingerprint: 1003 7870 251F FA71 A59A  CEE3 BEBA 2B87 F5FC 4B42