[Dev] profile data question

Ted Leung twl at osafoundation.org
Tue Mar 9 16:07:47 PST 2004

On Mar 8, 2004, at 10:27 PM, bear wrote:

> I was working with some profile data tonight and have a couple
> questions:
>
> 1) Is there any graphing library that is already being used by osaf -
> no use me finding one if osaf already has one

I'm not aware of us having selected one.  You should try to use
something
that can be run on the supported platforms.

> 2) because of how the data is generated and stored for each test
> profiled I decided to generate another file that only contains the
> hotshot.stats output:
>
> ~  test name, date, function, calls, total time, time per call (total),
> cumulative time, time per call (cumulative), path, line #
>
> Now that the data is already parsed and ready for graphing I'm working
> on a way to generate graphs by test across a time range but I wanted
> to run this by you all before I start down that path.

do you mean
x = time taken
y = ??

> The first graph I'm thinking of generating is a histogram for total
> time and cumulative time for each test.
>
> am I making sense or should I have gone to bed hours ago?

I'm not clear...

----
Ted Leung                 Open Source Applications Foundation (OSAF)
PGP Fingerprint: 1003 7870 251F FA71 A59A  CEE3 BEBA 2B87 F5FC 4B42