[Dev] Repository WG Meeting 20040308

Ted Leung twl at osafoundation.org
Tue Mar 9 15:33:15 PST 2004

On Mar 9, 2004, at 10:54 AM, Brian Douglas Skinner wrote:

> Ted Leung wrote:
>> Notes from today's Repository Working Group Meeting
>> <http://wiki.osafoundation.org/twiki/bin/view/Journal/
>> RepositoryGroupMeeting20040308>
>
> > Question:How would you model "all e-mails from Freada"?
> > Answer:
> > Assume Freada is an item
> > The Freada item has a bi-directional ref collection attribute
> > linking it to the e-mails sent by Freada.
> > The contents of the ref collection are the answer.
>
> Just FYI -- that description is a little different from what our
> current content model looks like.
>
> In our current content model:
>  * Freada is an item
>  * The Freada item has a bi-directional ref collection attribute
> linking it to all the e-mail addresses ever used by Freada
>  * Each of those e-mail address items has a bi-directional ref
> collection attribute linking it to all the mail messages that were
> from that address.
>
> so then,
>   answer = Freada -> all email addresses -> all mail messages
> rather than,
>   answer = Freada -> all mail messages
>
> Of course, we can change the content model if the current
> representation doesn't seem good.

Brian,

Thanks for the clarification. In the discussion with Mitch, we just
used a simple example, we weren't necessarily trying to be correct down
to this level of detail, but if we had, we would have been confused.

One of the things that the Design group is going to do is make a list
of popular e-mail boxes/queries.  Once they do this, we should try to
test those against both the content model schema and the query
language.

----
Ted Leung                 Open Source Applications Foundation (OSAF)
PGP Fingerprint: 1003 7870 251F FA71 A59A  CEE3 BEBA 2B87 F5FC 4B42