[Dev] Data Model Issues Meeting
twl at osafoundation.org
Mon Mar 8 22:43:19 PST 2004
One of the things that we need to do for the 0.4 release is take stock
of where we are with the Data Model implemented by the Chandler
repository, and make any changes that are needed. To get things going,
I'd like to have a meeting on Thursday, March 11th to get started. 3pm
has been suggested as a good time. (As an experiment in calendaring,
I've made my iCal work calendar available here:
The OSAF staff that need to be in the meeting are (this is also an
experiment in being more public about meetings):
Ted Leung (moderator)
If I've left off anyone who should be included please let me know.
Also, could someone please arrange for a meeting room for people on
I think that there are two categories of issues:
1. Issues with the Abstract/Conceptual data model. An example would be
"are we actually using Alias types"
2. Issues with the implementation of the data model. An example would
be "the API for Lob derived types" is unwieldy.
To get things started off, here is my list of issues:
1. Aliases - usage cases
2. Structs - usage cases
3. List vs dict ref collections - resolve the status
1. How are line endings stored in strings used in the repository? Is
this an issue for portable (cross platform) repository files? (Is this
2. I would like to see us make the LOB API easier to use, especially
3. List ref collections are not indexable (no random access that isn't
Please reply with a note containing your issues. I'll try to collate
everything before the meeting, and either mail it out or put it on the
wiki. The meeting notes will go up on the wiki afterwards.
Ted Leung Open Source Applications Foundation (OSAF)
PGP Fingerprint: 1003 7870 251F FA71 A59A CEE3 BEBA 2B87 F5FC 4B42
More information about the Dev