[Dev] getting an assertion trying to create item

Katie Capps Parlante capps at osafoundation.org
Mon Mar 8 12:15:00 PST 2004

Hi bear,

comments below...

bear wrote:

 > Yep, once I loaded the mail parcel that error went away.
 >
 > I also found out that it's tied to the repository global (which only
 > makes sense) and to get around having to load in the entire chandler gui
 > I set that global to the repository I create for testing.

Indeed, the application or framework needs to set up the repository, and
right now the parcels get access to it through this global.

 > Creating instances of MailMessage and EmailAccount is working fine
 > except that the attribute downloadedMail (for EmailAccount) does not
 > seem to be set when an instance of EmailAccount is created.  Do I need
 > to call setAttributeValue for this?

Yes, you'll need to set it, all of the python classes that correspond to
Mail kinds are very thin at the moment. One thing to keep in mind: we've
done just enough work on the mail schema to capture some of the design
team's thinking, and to support Stuart playing with it for agents, and
not much more. I know that you've added comments about contacts and mail
to the end of the project page:
http://wiki.osafoundation.org/twiki/bin/view/Chandler/ContentModel.
Capturing the list of issues that you run into in this exercise would
also be a welcome addition. ;)

Cheers,
Katie