[Dev] Bugzilla improvements

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Mon Mar 8 11:07:17 PST 2004

Jurgen has been busy with our Bugzilla installation, and you should
notice some nice improvements:

* Aliases for bugs: you can set a symbolic name for a bug, and use that
instead of the bug number
* Status whiteboard: a free-form text field you can use for ad hoc stuff
where keyword is too heavy weight
* Duplicates report: the most reported bugs (duplicates)
* Graphics support: graphical reports
* Updated to Bugzilla 2.17.7, which brought tons of fixes and features
(see http://bugzilla.org/status_updates/2003-11-02.html and
http://bugzilla.org/status_updates/2004-03-03.html) among others:
    * Graphical diff for patches (sample:
http://bugzilla.osafoundation.org/attachment.cgi?id=119&action=diff)
    * Comment reply links

Because of the upgrade, there might be some glitches. OSAF people file
bugs, external please send email either to dev, or me or Jurgen directly.

Thanks, and enjoy.

--
   Heikki Toivonen