[Dev] Notification Manager using Item Queries

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Mon Dec 6 12:08:45 PST 2004

It is not so much a performance issue as an issue of consistency. If
notifications talk about things that are in the repository, then with or
without queries, for somebody to react to a notification they would have to be
in sync with what the notification is talking about.

On the other hand, if the notification is not talking about something in the
repository, just creating an item to leverage the repository and queries seems
overkill indeed.

Andi..