[Design] Who are tasks assigned to in Chandler?
jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Thu Oct 11 10:30:21 PDT 2007
> For items that start out as emails, we could automatically change the
> To: field to become 'Assigned to:' when users stamp those emails as Tasks.
Sounds good, is there a bug to track this overall concept of spiffing up
task + mail? Or maybe we don't have a clear enough plan yet.
> I think these 2 features would help users 'discover' addressing as a way
> of assigning tasks. A way to show/hide the cc and bcc fields would help
> too. They scream email to users and help to squash any inkling that the
> addressing fields could be used for anything other than addressing
The From: field also doesn't have an obvious analog in a task-centric
world. Maybe we could relabel From: -> Assigned-by:?
How about this: If a message also has the task stamp, we
- rename To -> assigned-to,
- rename From -> assigned-by,
- hide assigned-by if it matches assigned-to
- hide any other messaging fields that are empty
- add a [More/Less] button to show all the hidden fields
Also, now that we're pursuing task management, I've noticed various
problems with the mail stamp in the dashboard:
- In the Chandler Evangelism collection, everyone's tasks show up as
being from me (filed bug 11027)
- The draft icon for task-messages seems inappropriate and distracting;
I'm never planning on sending emails about the task, it's just an
More information about the Design