[Design] Fwd: [chandler-users] Chandler + GTD

Poojan Wagh poojanwagh at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 12:29:49 PST 2007

I made a post to chandler-users that might concern watchers of chandler-design
http://lists.osafoundation.org/archives/chandler-users/200711.mbox/ajax/%3ce628e2e30711301037o22d68f72ndfe9d6e628e00323@mail.gmail.com%3e
Reproduced below:

Hi, Philippe.

I have been independently toying with the idea of having
collections/tags show up as tabs. This is essentially what is done for
the Calendar interface. Why not apply it to the other items (Mail,
Tasks) as well?

The way I envision it, all (or a user-definable subset) of the
collections can appear horizontally as a tab-bar near the top. Each of
these tabs have a check button. Clicking the check button makes the
elements within the tab appear on the item list (or calendar). This
tabulation would provide a more cohesive experience between the
Calendar view and the item list view.* Of course, the same
functionality could be offered with the interface the currently
exists: make the filtering that occurs with the Calendar also apply to
item lists. I just like the poetry of having tags appear as tabs.

More to follow...

Footnotes
* I find it non-intuitive that when I hit the "All" button, only items
in the selected collection appear. However, when I select "Events",
the overlay of the checked collection appears in the Calendar.