[Design] Auto-Export Collection and Settings Dialog

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Mon Nov 19 20:00:16 PST 2007

Mimi Yin wrote:
> My feeling is that the pop-up we have now won't solve the scenarios
> you're describing either.

Please describe where it won't work.

> Presumably, admins and users alike will run into the 'Export'
> instructions when they go to the File>>Upgrade... menu item to check to
> see if a new version of Chandler has been released?

I explained in an earlier post that this won't work with computers that
are used by more than one person.

> Will we be able to automatically migrate data from version to version in
> the future?

You mean other than exporting and importing via .chex, even if that is
done automatically like now?

Maybe, but I don't think that is included in the 1.0 plan.

--
  Heikki Toivonen