[Design] Re: Task to do with start and due date?

Mimi Yin mimi at osafoundation.org
Mon Nov 5 11:54:08 PST 2007

I see. I think this is roughly analogous to project management
functionality that allows you to 'block out' time for working on
individual tasks?

On Oct 17, 2007, at 12:40 PM, Edmund Humenberger wrote:

> There is the date "has to be done until"
> This date indicates roughly the urgency of things to do.
> When you sort with this date, you know what you should do first.

Could this be modeled by scheduling the task on the calendar as a
multi-day event? Then you'd also be able to see your tasks in a
calendar view.

> Then there is the date "can not be worked on before"
> So when "now" is reaching this "can not worked before" then the
> state should be changed automatically from later to now.

Unless I'm still misunderstanding what you're saying, the workflow
you're describing here should work.

Mimi