[Design] Re: Email Spec

Brian Kirsch bkirsch at osafoundation.org
Thu Mar 15 18:55:32 PST 2007

Hi Morgen,
As a follow up to what Mimi is saying see my comments inline.

-Brian

On Mar 15, 2007, at 4:18 PM, Mimi Yin wrote:

> Okay, sorry the addressing fields/conflict discussion on the list
> was a little over my head. Why do changes to the addressing fields
> result in conflicts?
>
> How is what I'm describing different from the Editor/Updater
> manually adding the Sender to the CC: field in the detail view?
>
> (Just chatted with bkirsch, and the behavior I'm describing is *no*
> different than a user manually changing the addressing fields...so
> that leads me to think that there's an issue if changing the
> addressing fields raises conflicts. Morgen, can you speak to that?)
> If this is true, we should log a bug, even if just to keep track of
> it for post-preview.

The question is, does altering addressing fields result in conflicts
on the receivers end?

With the attached patch, that represents latest changes to mail
service to support Edit / Update, when I change the addressing fields
on an Item (MailStamp) it raises a conflict for the receivers.

This may not be the intended behavior.

What would be ideal is if any changes to the addressing fields did
not result in a conflict unless
a local change was made that contradicts the values in the update.

-Brian