[Design] Changing collections when Replying and Forwarding
jeffrey at osafoundation.org
Tue Mar 6 10:51:20 PST 2007
I think not changing the collection when replying would be great. I
think this bumps into a minor issue, however.
If you follow these steps:
1. Create an item that happens today, call it "today", in the Dashboard
2. Create a different collection, "foo"
3. Create a new item "to be selected" in the foo collection
4. Switch to the table view, select "to be selected" in the foo collection
5. Click on "today" in the preview area
You'll see the "today" item rendered in the detail view, but it will
immediately be replaced with the originally selected item ("to be
selected") because "today" isn't in the currently selected collection.
Depending on your perspective, this is either a bug or a feature. I
think the table view is enforcing a constraint that you can't select an
item not in the current collection. To make the change you're
suggesting, I think we'd probably want to remove that constraint.
More information about the Design