[Design] Marking items "unread" when the same user changes them on another machine

Davor Cubranic cubranic at cs.ubc.ca
Sat Dec 1 21:51:49 PST 2007

I use Chandler on two different machines, but use the same server
account to sync collections between the two. Every time I sync on
either machine, I end up with a whole bunch of "unread" items that were
edited on the other computer. I am beginning to wonder if it makes
sense to show these as unread at all, since it is the same person
(i.e., the same Cosmo account) making the changes.

Does anyone else run into this? It's not a bug, but a wrinkle in the
existing design that makes my workflow more awkward than it needs to
be, and I'd like to see how common it is before filing a request on
Bugzilla.

Davor