[Design] [Cosmo][DF][Sum] Using the Account Browser to restore a lost Chandler repo

Mimi Yin mimi at osafoundation.org
Wed Apr 11 05:33:17 PDT 2007

I'm wondering if your sense of that has to do with the fact that
internally, we've always referred to the Desktop as Chandler and the
Server / Web app as Cosmo. Moving forward, I think we want to present
the whole enchilada as Chandler Desktop and Web? I'm leery of having
3 links: Chandler Desktop, Chandler Hub, Chandler Server/Cosmo...but
maybe that's clearest for now.

On Mar 29, 2007, at 1:26 PM, Brian Moseley wrote:

> On 3/27/07, Mimi Yin <mimi at osafoundation.org> wrote:
>
>> Won't plugging it directly into the browser take them to Chandler
>> Hub?
>
> yes. my point is that a link named "[Chandler]" doesn't give
> enoughinformation, imo, that it's usable both in the desktop
> application and directly in the web browser.
>
>> Won't the link take them to the Chandler Server UI? In the end,
>> putting the link into the browser takes you to a Chandler page.
>
> yes. i wanted to be clear that there should not be any link named
> "[Hub]", because that only applies to our hosted service.

Yup, got that.

>> So really the best way to describe this to users is to distinguish
>> between URLs for yourself versus URLs for other people.

Okay, I think Priss and I need to think this one through a bit. I
imagine we won't get around to having an elegant design for this
until Post-Preview, at which point we may want to consider having it
in the end-user PIM UI.